Saturday 29 October 2011

What makes you happy?

I have often written and spoken about the fact that it is the little things that can make a big different in life. Today Mum pointed out an article in the Daily Mail about a poll from Three Barrels Brandy which shows how it IS the small things that make us happy! See the full article here

These were the best ...






I smiled so much reading these.

I saw myself in so many of them and have written about them in this blog.
Remember me saying of Clive in the car with roof down, shades on singing in the car?
My stories and times with the 'babies' in my life - Sophie, Ruby, Emily?
Girlie night with my college friends?
Cuddles?
Songs?



Looking at old photos


Tonight I have enjoyed simple pleasure of Saturday night television with people I love; tasty food; a few glasses of wine.

I may have lost Clive but I retain many special memories of an incredible few years sharing his life.

I have begun to appreciate the smallest pleasures again. As Clive said, he didn't run 26 miles in a marathon - he ran a mile 26 times. I feel that is how I have approach bereavement - little steps with support around me that I have chosen to accept.
  • What are the small things that make you happy? 
  • Do you notice them?
  • How can you make more of them for yourself and others?

Elaine
xx

www.hanzak.com

No comments: