Tuesday 21 September 2010

Back in the swing again for postnatal illness!

I am now back from a magical East Mediterranean cruise - see my photos on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/elaine.hanzak?v=photos
I certainly have a sparkle now!

I am now refreshed and ready to continue my campaign to spread awareness and understanding of postnatal illness! My baby niece Sophie is an absolute delight and seeing her 'serene' Mum it makes me really appreciate even more what Dom and I missed out on due to my illness when he was a baby. Sophie is now the same age he was when I began my significant 'downfall' into severe depression. What a tragedy for all of us at that time but it continues to motivate me to help others avoid the illness if I can. I am in the process of confirming some more speaking engagements over the next couple of months. I decided not to go to New Zealand to speak this year as it is such a long way but hope to another time.

Dominic began his Year 10 this September. GCSE's homework has begun in earnest! And he is now as tall as me!

I intend to be back much more again at my 'blogging' and look forward to a productive autumn.

Ann Girling and I are doing a presentation in Bracknell next week and are on the look-out for more Children's Centres to book us!

Elaine Hanzak

www.hanzak.com

No comments: