Here are details of the forthcoming Policy and Practice Westminster Briefing, to be hosted by the House Magazine in Westminster.
Title: Putting Families First: Delivering Effective Services Locally
Date: 15th June 2010
Cost: £175 - £225 per place
The Support for All: the Families and Relationships Green Paper, published in January 2010, reflects a new approach by the Government to support families. One of the key proposals is to make sure that all families know what support they can expect from services, from pre-birth through childhood and adolescence. There will also be a major focus on supporting families in building strong relationships, including new guidance on SRE, developing support for relationships under pressure and promoting mediation services to reduce recourse to the court system. The children’s workforce will be trained to support parents who are reluctant or feel unable to seek support and further work will be undertaken to make employment arrangements more family friendly.
Delegates at this Policy and Practice Westminster Briefing will have the opportunity to examine the emerging agenda for working with families and the implications for public services and front-line delivery in children’s centres, schools and primary health care. Key issues to be discussed include:
• Policy implications for Children’s Trusts, local authorities & PCTs
• Implications for children’s centres, schools & colleges
• Recognising, supporting and protecting the rights of the extended family
• The training and development needs of the children’s workforce
• Improving the wellbeing & support offered to children & parents caught up family breakdown
• The role of mediation and the role of the court system
• The development of intensive family intervention services
• The development of information services for families
• Making employment more family friendly
Full details are here http://www.westminster-briefing.com/?p=11525