Thursday 22 December 2011

Happy Christmas and good luck Wayne Gott

Every year for as long as I can remember I have written a Christmas card list and sent many cards to family, friends, neighbours, etc. 2011 has been an 'incredible' year. Losing Clive so suddenly has changed me and my life in so many ways. I have done things that I never expected and had to adjust to what happened. Perhaps this is a good time to do something else differently?

So I have decided to abandon my Christmas card list this year and put a donation instead to a worthy cause. During this year I have also been made aware of the pain and loss that people experience when losing a baby. Christmas is fundamentally about celebrating the birth of baby Jesus so what better time to think of those who have lost a pre-term baby or infant?

In September Clive's nephew Wayne and his partner Kirsty were expecting the arrival of their second son. Tragically baby Finlay was born asleep. At the hospital and in the weeks that followed they were helped and supported by the charity Sands for Stillborn and Neonatal deaths. Clive's niece Sue and husband Scott also lost baby Kyle earlier in the year.

Wayne has decided to do an impressive run and raise money for the charity on 26th September 2012, which would have been Finlay's 1st birthday. More details are here . Please share as appropriate.

So if I normally would have sent you a card please understand why I haven't this year. My very best wishes for you to have a Merry Christmas and healthy and happy 2012 remain! May I also add my thanks for your support during the last 10 months since Clive died. I would not be where I am now without you all.



Perhaps Clive will be looking after the 'little angels' just as he had begun to before he died? Here he is with great-nieces Ruby and Emily.


Elaine x

www.hanzak.com

2 comments:

Sara said...

I think this is a great idea. I struggle with writing Christmas cards as some people have said I shouldn't leave Livvy on the signature. I always answer that she would be sending wishes from heaven so why not. Thinking of you on your first Christmas without Clive. In my prayers xxx

michelleski said...

It can be so difficult to accept the contradictory feelings that christmas often brings - I know that by sharing and being honest about them we can create a unity and strength that sees us through individually - thank you Elaine for being that open - and hope that you feel the love that is sent your way xx