Monday 16 June 2008

Antenatal depression and bipolar disorder

Today I heard from a lady who has a diagnosis of bipolar who suffered with debilitating depression throughout her pregnancy which developed into puerperal psychosis after her baby was born. Do you know of anyone else who has also suffered in this way and would be happy to be put in touch with this other lady, just for a mutual support chat? If so contact me via my website

www.elainehanzak.co.uk

I had a busy day today which started out by reviewing the newspapers on Radio Merseyside. I picked out the stories including about women getting the legal right to breastfeed in public, under a new law being proposed by the government.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6745445.stm

About time too! I remember having a screaming baby who needed feeding when I was out and about. Society should not frown on such a natural act - especially with the amount of topless models that are in the media everywhere these days! Anything that aims to make motherhood easier gets my vote!

Later on I met up with my school friend from my teens - Carol. We hadn't met for 24 years but chatted as if it was only yesterday. Aren't friendships wonderful like that? She has had four children and still looks as fabulous as she did in her teens. She now lives in the USA and I hope to catch up with her there one day soon.

Anyone else out there from Fleetwood Grammar School?


www.elainehanzak.co.uk

No comments: