Tuesday 24 June 2008

Health Professionals - do you need more time with patients?

Tonight I spoke to some midwives, health visitors and other health professionals at an event organised by 'SMA' at Chester. The Ramada hotel was a great venue and I was pleased to christen my new 'cute and lightweight' laptop! It worked a treat.

I was the only speaker and presented my story - why perinatal mental health is important, the signs to look for and how to help. The questions seemed to go on for ages and I was delighted especially as the ladies had mainly done a day's work and we were still going strong at 9.30 pm!

The general feelings I picked up were that all the staff felt they wanted to do more to help mothers and families but either they felt they needed more training and/or they are so limited for time to spend with mothers.

What do other health professional feel?

Let me know via www.elainehanzak.co.uk

No comments: