Thursday 24 July 2008

Knutsford Thursday Cub

Well this one was different but none the less great!

Months ago this club for retired ladies and gentlemen had invited me to go along with my cosmetic and jewellery sales and chat to them over their tea and biscuits. I would not let them down as once something is booked I am reliable. However, I did say my mission had changed.

I gave them a brief outline of my story and how I had decided to clear my stocks to enable me to get to Sydney.

The response was lovely as they got presents for themselves and others. Most importantly it got many of them talking about mental health issues which several in the room had been affected by or their loved ones.

One elderly gentleman congratulated me on my story and commented that he 'had been amazed he had got through his 80 years without knowing about postnatal illness, but he wished he had known sooner'.

I left with lighter boxes and a quarter of my ticket now sorted, plus an invitation to speak to a local church.

Elaine

www.elainehanzak.co.uk

No comments: