Wednesday 20 January 2010

PostPartum Support International launch their new website

When I was researching resources for my book a few years ago I came across PostPartum Support International, and their President at the time Diana Lynn Barnes wrote a foreward for my book.
I am delighted to say that PPSI have just launched their new website
http://www.postpartum.net/

They describe themselves as
Postpartum Support International is dedicated to helping women suffering from perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, including postpartum depression, the most common complication of childbirth.
We also work to educate family, friends and healthcare providers so that moms and moms-to-be can get the support they need and recover. You are not alone. You are not to blame. With help, you will be well.


Although the site is mainly American there are international links and to the UK. The information is relevant globally.

Jane Honikman, the founder, and I shared a room in Australia at a Marce Society convention! She is a lovely, inspiring lady and it is most impressive to see how far PPSI has spread. If I can do even a fraction of that in the UK I will be pleased!

Elaine Hanzak

www.hanzak.com

No comments: