Here are the details of the first event I have been asked to Chair!
Part of the Mental Health 2010 Conference Series
Service User Involvement and Empowerment in Mental Health
Tuesday 09 February 2010
76 Portland Place, London
“It’s about people who happen to use mental health services being treated as people.” New Horizons: Towards A Shared Vision For Mental Health Consultation, DoH; July 2009
Chaired by Elaine Hanzak Expert by Experience, Speaker and Author ‘Eyes without Sparkle – a journey through postnatal illness’, the conference is a unique learning opportunity and provides an important update on how the act of involvement and engagement can empower service users and improve the quality of service delivery and care in mental health.
"Service users and their quality of life must be at the core of service design and delivery. Their views plus the views of carers, the public and staff must shape care pathway outcome measures and performance frameworks must increasingly focus on these outcome measures." New Horizons: Towards A Shared Vision For Mental Health Consultation, DoH; July 2009
You will have the opportunity to hear from a broad range of speakers including carers and service-user representatives about what Involvement and Empowerment means in practice with case study examples of effective service delivery techniques and personalisation models – a key requirement for effective user-led services.
Two interactive workshops provide the chance for you to participate in active discussions with fellow delegates, carers and healthcare professionals. Closing with looking beyond involvement: promoting human rights and involving service users to reduce social exclusion the conference will be a unique learning opportunity and provides an important update on how the act of Involvement and Engagement can empower Service Users and improve the quality of service delivery and care in mental health.
• Service User Involvement and Empowerment in Mental Health: an update
• Learning from experience
• Delivering services around the needs and wants of service users: embedding Service User Involvement in Mental Health commissioning and whole service redesign
• Empowering users in setting recovery goals and assessing progress outcomes with the Recovery Star
• Increasing diversity in Service User Involvement
• Learning and development for service users
• Service User Involvement for personalisation in Mental Health
• Beyond involvement: promoting human rights
• Ensuring a holistic approach: reducing stigma and social exclusion
PLUS focused workshops
• Delivering user led services
• Enabling people to fulfil their aspirations and improve outcomes
Chair and keynote speakers
• Elaine A Hanzak Expert by Experience, Speaker and Author of ‘Eyes without Sparkle – a journey through postnatal illness’
• Tina Coldham Chair The National Survivor User Network (NSUN)
• Lindy Irving Personal Development Coach The Moreland Clinic
• National Survivor User Network (NSUN)http://www.nsun.org.uk/WebPage.aspx?Id=1
• New Horizons (DoH)http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/Mentalhealth/NewHorizons/index.htm
• ADASS (Association of Directors for Adult Social Care) http://www.adass.org.uk/
• Information sharing and mental health (DoH)
• Service User Involvement audit tool – Mental Health Foundation http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/our-work/all-adults/service-user-involvement-audit-tool/
An IHM and ADASS recognised conference, suitable for your CPD programme
Download a full conference programme and brochure, or book a place here
For more information about this, or any other Healthcare Events conference, please contact Hanisha on 020 8541 1399, or email email@example.com
For information about exhibition or sponsorship opportunities at this event please contact Gemma by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you there!