Sunday 11 January 2009

Getting 2009 off to a great start!

'How to take 2009 by the throat and say I'm not done yet' was a new venture for my partner Clive Gott and I.

www.clivegott.com

We met through the Professional Speakers Association http://www.professionalspeakersassociation.co.uk/ and after encouragement at a seminar last year for colleagues to work together, we recognised the synergy and have devised this joint workshop.

We gave our delegates, whose ages ranged from 11 to pensioners, a full day of personal development hints and tips, along with ideas of maintaining their good mental health.

The feedback was great! It seemed we helped people face demons from their past; set goals to improve current relationships; focus their energy into following a new career and many other targets for 2009. We also recognised achievements from 2008.

Amongst the comments we received were:-

'I found your stories and the stories from the people in the room that courageously shared, very inspirational and the whole day was definitely emotionally moving.'

'I'd like to thank you for the brilliant workshop on Sunday. I think the different styles of you both works together really well. I got a lot out of it personally and it also made me realise how far I've come over the years and how ready I am to share my experiences at a different level. Both of you make it look so easy and natural ..'

'Your workshop really did have quite an effect on me! I guess it woke me up to taking a good hard look at exactly who I am being and what I deserve, then working on that.'

'Clive and Elaine are a great combination as presenters, hers being the more 'softly, softly' approach and Clive's more 'in your face' (a bit like good cop - bad cop) and it works really well!'

'You are both inspiring role models'.


All in all a productive day. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone and would like to thank everyone for their honesty and participation.

Special thanks to Caroline Coward and her mum from Leeds Business Network who kindly gave their time for free to help us run the day.
http://www.freeindex.co.uk/profile(the-business-network-leeds-ltd)_54667.htm

Also to Janet from www.janetjonesphotography.co.uk for snapping away at us all day!

Watch this space for the next one!

Please contact us if you would like a similar day in your area or for your company!

Elaine and Clive

www.clivegott.com www.hanzak.com

No comments: