Tuesday 12 May 2009

Home - Start presentation

I had a very enjoyable morning today presenting my story, the signs to look for and the strategies to help those affected by postnatal depression to volunteers from the St. Helens branch of Home-Start.

http://www.home-start.org.uk/

Through a network of more than 15,000 trained parent volunteers we support thousands of parents who are struggling to cope. Our families need support for many reasons including post-natal illness, disability, bereavement, the illness of a parent or child, or social isolation. Parents supporting other parents - to help build a family's confidence and ability to cope.

I shall be making sure I tell the health professionals I meet about this service because so many families would benefit from the support. The volunteers I met today I thought were wonderful!

Perhaps if you suffered in the past from PND and now are well and have some time to spare perhaps Home-Start would be good for you to help? Have a look at their website to see how you can help. Or just want to help regardless!

Elaine

www.hanzak.com

No comments: