Thursday 26 March 2009

Early start in Liverpool!

Today I was back reviewing the daily newspapers on Tony Snell's Breakfast show on BBC Radio Merseyside.

It was my first time since I have been living back with my parents and I left in good time to be certain of the route and timings. Arrived with minutes to spare only to take the wrong road outside the building to park! It then took me 10 minutes around the one way system to get back to the same place! Aargh!

I can choose the stories myself to comment on. Today the main one I picked on was an article about the staffing in the NHS and the fact that there are more managers being recruited than nurses.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1164800/Number-managers-employed-NHS-soars-9---15-000-pen-pushers-midwives.html

Health visitor rates are falling regardless of the latest research from Sheffield and Canada which shows how listening visits by health visitors can reduce the effects of postnatal illness. Will the pen pushers please LISTEN to the evidence?!

Listen again at http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p002jbfx/Tony_Snell_in_the_Morning_23_03_2009/


Late on today I had a meeting with Ann Girling who is a health visitor by background but now works as a personal and professional development coach in her own business, Agenesis.
http://www.agenesis.co.uk/about.html

She also has a passion for perinatal mental health and we are in the process of devising a workshop together aimed in the first instance at staff in Children's Centres. Watch this space!

Elaine

www.hanzak.com

No comments: