Sunday 1 March 2009

Try something new ... and don't give up!



Those of you who have heard me speak recently will know that I presented at the international Marce Society conference in Australia last September (see my blog entries for then). http://www.marcesociety.com/

I stayed at Manly on the outskirts of Sydney. It was a beautiful seaside resort.
http://www.manlyaustralia.com.au/

Little did I know that a few months later I would be watching their Sea Eagles Rugby League team play Leeds Rhinos at a chilly Elland Road stadium! It was the final of the World Club Challenge.

I have never been a sports spectating fan of any game but recently have gone along to Leeds Rhinos games with Clive. I confess the very idea of doing such a thing did not appeal to me in the slightest - but I have learnt that it is a question of 'don't knock it until you've tried it!' It's a whole new world for me! Fish and chips in the street; wearing a team shirt and yelling 'Cum on Jamie' from the stands!I loved it!

Only problem was .. we lost ... but the boys put up a good fight.
See the game details here ..
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h-tb-LP967MT6hBul67DOWT4FVPQ

I remembered that when I was poorly with postnatal depression being out in crowds really terrified me and I would have a panic attack. So I take nothing for granted these days.

If you are suffering at the moment - try something new .. because you never know, you might just like it! And keep on with the hope .. because one day .. you will feel better.

Elaine

www.hanzak.com

No comments: