Tuesday 12 July 2011

Go and see 'Bridesmaids'!

Thank you so much for all the supportive private messages I got after my post yesterday. If the BBC Breakfast interview comes off one huge advantage I can say about bereavement blogging is the encouragement you get from others. It is so much appreciated.

As a way of rising back out of my 'down' I did as Dinah and my Mum suggested and went to see 'Bridesmaids' with friend Sharon and niece Sue. We stocked up with popcorn, chocs and jelly sweets. It is the first time I have been to that cinema since Clive died. Vue at Clifton Moor, York is where we went to our first film together - Mamma Mia. Clive had been such an entertainment! I reminisced with Sue and Sharon about his cinema routines, including his noise intolerance and constant popcorn eating!

En route I realised this was another 'first' and a big step. I am glad we were seeing a comedy. And laugh out loud we did - several times.
The plot:-
Annie (Kristen Wiig), is a maid of honor whose life unravels as she leads her best friend, Lillian (Maya Rudolph), and a group of colorful bridesmaids (Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper) on a wild ride down the road to matrimony. Annie's life is a mess. But when she finds out her lifetime best friend is engaged, she simply must serve as Lillian's maid of honor. Though lovelorn and broke, Annie bluffs her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals. With one chance to get it perfect, she'll show Lillian and her bridesmaids just how far you'll go for someone you love.


It was a good lesson too in having to take personal responsibility. Theme of today? Your friends can help you and give you the kicks and kindness that you need, but you have to meet them at least half way. There were several 'me too' moments that I could relate to (NOT the sink bit!!!). The only bit that tugged at me was the song at the end which had memories to another tough time in my life.



I have already decided that today will be a better day.

I have made a list that is realistic of work, home and 'me' things - so far I am rattling through them!

Elaine x

www.hanzak.com
www.clivegott.com

No comments: